Wednesday 3 August 2016

Jason Eisener returns!



I've long lamented that Jason Eisener has yet to follow up his incredible debut Hobo with a Shotgun (2011) with another blood soaked, grindhouse revival flick. Well now it seems my prayers have been answered as news has emerged that the vastly underrated director will be directing an upcoming adaptation of cult 80s comic book "New York City Outlaws".



The comic is set in a dystopian New York City after crime has taken over and rendered the streets a lethal battleground. Sounds to me like a cross between The Warriors (1979) and Escape From New York (1981) and this fits in perfectly with Eisener's talent for exploitation filmmaking. I couldn't be more excited about this and, although I'd still like to see that Plague spinoff movie, I can't wait to see what Eisener comes up with.

What do you think of this project? Have you heard of the comic before?




0 comments:

Post a Comment